Harmony Orthodontics is happy to announce that as of May 1st our office will resume treating patients for non-emergency dental procedures. As always the health and safety of our patients and team members is our top priority and we want to assure you that our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
● Our office will communicate with you beforehand and ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in the office.
● We are requesting patients and those accompanying patients to wear masks or face coverings.
● We will be limiting the number of people in our waiting room to our patients and one parent only. Unfortunately, we will not allow siblings or additional children in our waiting area unless they have a scheduled appointment. We request parents or guardians of older patients, who do not require an adult to accompany them during their appointment, remain in their vehicle during their child’s appointment.
● Upon arrival, a member of our team will take the temperature of anyone entering our office.
● We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
● You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
● Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
● We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.